Help - Identify Old Amer. Stand. Mixing Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by fineline, Jun 16, 2007.

1. fineline

fineline Design/Build

Design/Build
    first time poster, hoping someone can help me out. I have an old American Standard single lever shower mixing valve that has been leaking like crazy.

I have attached photos since they are worth a 1,000 words -- I'm not a plumber but have renovated houses most of my life so I am a fairly competent jack-of-all-trades, but I'm hoping for a little direction on the steps I need to repair this also. The house was built in 1954 but for some reason I feel like this fixture is older then that - it was a builder's own home and he was the only owner before me.

The handle has a part number of L-1192-2 and the cover plate is 922-1 but I haven't been able to find anything online about them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    valve

It is an American Standard B-200 valve. Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you the break down, parts list, and a source where you should be able to find them.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Adavel

Adavel New Member

American Standard

Your post is the only good info I can find. I have the American Standard R 1400 mixing valve and I need a handle for it. I believe it is the same or similar to the B 200. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Dave

5. fullhousecabinet

fullhousecabinet New Member

Where to buy trim pieces

HJ

I have that same B-200 model and need the handle and plate. Do you know of a place to purchase them?

Thanks,

Mike

6. hj

Plumber
    The places I would get them do not sell to the consumer public.

7. fullhousecabinet

fullhousecabinet New Member

I am a general contractor and need this trim to finish a remodel job that I am doing.

Mike

8. Orange

Orange New Member

Another first time poster who stumbled onto this thread searching for help trying to find out something about an old American Standard mixing valve that I need to replace/repair, hopefully without destroying the tile in our shower. Any ideas as to what model etc. this is and where I can find out more about it?

Thanks for any and all help!

Attached Files:

9. hj

Plumber
    It has been so long since I have seen one of those that I am not sure if it used the Schaible mechanism with the spring loaded tilting stems. If so, there was a company that made a conversion kit, but it has been many years since they have contacted me about them.