Help identifiying faucet brand

Users who are viewing this thread

NewToPlumbing

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a leaky kitchen faucet and I can't figure out what brand is it. A friend suggested that I post a picture of it on this forum in the hope that someone can recognize it ... help!

P50900753.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a Delta faucet, and the one problem you may have, if it has been leaking at the handle, may be that the whole faucet will turn when you try to unscrew the "cap". I hope you are lucky and it unscrews easily.

NewToPlumbing

Reaction score
Thanks! it is leaking from the faucet, so hopefully it will unscrew easily ... any suggestion for what to do if it doesn't?
Also, I asked for a repair kit for Delta faucets at the hardware store and they pointed me to a Danco kit that comes with a brass ball ... I was planning to look for the genuine kit online but would like to hear your opinions? Are they both good? Why would anyone put a brass ball instead of stainless steel?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Mox Nix.

On parts like that, the Danco or other generic, or one with the OEM Delta label......probably all made in the same factory in China. Masco is the parent of Alsons, Delta, Danco, et all....and the parts are just one big happy family!

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
When you go to take the bonnet off do not squeeze it to hard as it could distort the bonnet.Use just enough pressure to get it to turn.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have not used a brass or plastic ball for years. The only good one is the stainless steel version, but since that is probably what is in your faucet, you can reuse it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The primary wear part in that type of faucet is a set of springs and rubber seals...both are easily replaced once you get the handle and cap off.

NewToPlumbing

Reaction score
Makes sense to reuse the ball that is already in there (I wonder why they include one in the standard kit anyway). And yes, I think the problem must be the springs and seals since there are positions in which there is no leak at all ... I'll be extra careful with the bonnet then. Thank you all.

NewToPlumbing

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't report on this before. Everything went well, the ball was in prefect shape, but all the rubbery parts were worn out. The replacement was VERY easy and the faucet works like new again! Thank you all guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks