Help Fixing Basement Floor Drains

Users who are viewing this thread

djmed

Reaction score
First time poster looking for some advice on updating/replacing some drains in my basement floor.

A home that I bought has a regularly noticable odor of sewer gas in the basement. I have determined the source is from two floor drains with faulty/corroded iron bell traps (numbers 1 and 2 in sketch) and an untrapped open pipe stub out of the floor (number 4 in sketch) where wash tub and fiberglass shower (number 3 in sketch) drain pipes are shoved into it. All under slab piping is 3" clay. Please see the sketch I attached.

What I would like to do is cut up the basement floor in required locations and replace the floor drains with PVC drains with p-traps, and replace the open pipe, and above slab shower drain pipe with proper below slap piping, traps, and vents. Venting is a concern. I am not sure what is necessary for the shower and wash tub, as they are not currently vented. Also, there is not a possiblity of connecting to the house's only roof vent, as it is on the other side of the house. Are AAV's a possibility?

Any thoughts and suggested pipe layouts are appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• basementfloorplumbing1.JPG
    basementfloorplumbing1.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 941

djmed

Reaction score
They could actually be 4", I just eyeballed them. I'll doublecheck. I think I see what you are getting at. I was planning on making the PVC to clay pipe connections with Fernco fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks