Help Finding Fan / Limit Control for Older Lennox Furnace

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill51923

Reaction score
I have an ancient Lennox furnace.
Model G12Q3-137-2.

It needs a new fan / limit control unit. The current one is a Honeywell with an 8" insert.
Model L4064A 214 5

switch_side.jpg

I've not done this before, but it was very easy taking the unit out. Just four wires and two screws. My problem is that I can't find that exact model fan / limit unit. I can find lots of them listed as L4064A but they don't have the 214 5 after it. Must it have those numbers? Or will any L4064A unit with an 8" insert work? Home Depot has one listed (they don't give any numbers at all after L4064A) and say it will work with A, B, or C models:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-Fan-and-Limit-Control-with-8-in-Insert-L4064B2236/206140087

Will that work? If not, where do you suggest I look?

Thank you!
Bill

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It could have been that google searched my area first. Longwood Florida is just north of Orlando and there be hardly a gas furnace anywhere. This supplier most likely would not stock it and would do a drop ship if you did order it from them. At least you can search on them manufacture for a local dealer near you.

Bill51923

Reaction score
It could have been that google searched my area first. Longwood Florida is just north of Orlando and there be hardly a gas furnace anywhere. This supplier most likely would not stock it and would do a drop ship if you did order it from them. At least you can search on them manufacture for a local dealer near you.
Okay, thanks.

Rmgolob

Reaction score
Inadvertently posted here

Attachments

• page 7.JPG
    page 7.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 514
  • page 8.JPG
    page 8.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 512
  • page 13.JPG
    page 13.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 223
  • wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Rob, you are on the right track. Page 38 and 39 is the heating sequence. It is very easy to follow. WIth the fan in ON mode does the heat work as normally expected? If it does then it is most likely the Primary Limit Switch.

The last time I fiddled with a gas heat was 1989 when I moved from Syracuse, NY to Florida. Now it's all electric heat.

Fitter30

Reaction score
How to set up fan and limit if you replace it. Hold dial whenever moving tabs. Do not rotate dial if you can help it a little is ok. Call for heat burner comes on when second tab rotates to bottom center blower starts dial will rotate back if blower shuts off burner is still burning raise temp off middle tab 5-10*, after that is set turn stat off burner shuts off dial will rotate blower shuts off watch dial it will rotate up, wait 5 minutes if blower comes on set off tab 5* lower and try it again.

Any of fan and limit switches as long that the insertion lenght is the same should work.
Some have a jumper between the two lower terminals since you have four wires it will have to be removed some have a white round plastic rod sticking out of the cover that will run the blower if pulled control works the same with rod pushed in.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks