Help finding 14-inch rough in low height toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

grap112ler

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm looking for the lowest height toilet for a 14 inch rough in. A Toto Drake (designed for 12 inch rough in) currently sits in this place and looks horrible at 3 inches from the wall. But wife (who is 5'3") likes the under 16 inch seat height it provides. (note we have a toilet in our second bath with a seat height of 14.5 inches that she likes even more)

The best option I've found so far is the Toto Aquia IV (has a unifit adapter with 17-inch seat height). Anyone know of anything with a shorter seat height that is compatible with 14-inch rough in?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score

grap112ler

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. As Reach4 said, both the Gerber and the Kohler would stick out into the room just as far as the current Toto does. Kinda annoying they do that. Basically make it look nicer, but makes the bathroom space just as "dysfunctional" due to the overall length of the toilets.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There isn't a big market for 14" bowls. With a 10" you have to do something. With 14" or longer a 12" still fits.
Most just sell you a thicker tank for that to close up the gap between the wall and tank a bit. Or you can put a wall cabinet there so that it's not so obvious.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The average person today is taller, so again, it's a marketing decision - most are going with taller bowls.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks