Help choosing a pumps GPM

Users who are viewing this thread

Chicobrent

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a lot that was in a fire in Ca. The old pump burnt and fell to the bottom. I fished it out and it was a 3/4 hp 8 gpm. It no longer works. The pump company that fished it out said I should get a 2 hp submersible pump with around 28 gpm. Well and pump companies are super busy in my area and can't do a flo or refresh well test for a month or two. I need to put in a pump myself before that.
The well is 145 ft deep and water is 65 ft down from the top of the casing. The casing is 10 inch. The property is .65 acre.I Plan on putting 2 bd 2 bath house on it and will have a large garden and chickens. I don't think I need a 2hp pump. I was looking at the goulds 1 hp 10 gpm or goulds 1.5 hp 18gpm. I am worried that the 12gpm I'd get from the 1hp would not be enough. Also entertaining the halmark 2 hp around 24 gpm. Any recomendations. Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
index.php

In this particular pump, I think 10 gpm 3/4 HP would fit the job.

How big is your casing? A flow inducer sleeve is generally a good idea, especially if water comes in above the pump.

I would not think the pump would have been damaged by the fire. The plastic pipe, and wire, yes.

Chicobrent

Reaction score
Thanks, My casing is 10 inch. The pump was pretty old. The old owner of the property said he would of put in a lilttle more gpm pump if he was to replace it. So flow inducer sleeve, The casing is about 24" above the ground. I'm not sure what you mean by if water comes in above the pump. I will have to buy everything, pressure tank, control box, fittings. It's all gone

Reach4

Reaction score
Put the flow inducer on. You will find several posts on the topic.

You might consider a pitless adapter. I know they are not common where you are, but they have advantages. Instead of having the pipe suspended by a fitting on the top of the well seal, you can have a well cap. The well cap can be lifted off to sanitize or for other reasons.

The pitless gets lifted out or inserted into the trapezoidal fixed side. A T-handle, made with 1 inch pipe, with pipe thread, temporarily screws into the top of the movable part of the pitless for lifting or inserting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks