Help! Can't get Grohe Atrio shower trim lever apart

Users who are viewing this thread

RBDiy

Reaction score
I have a Grohtherm shower valve with Grohe Atrio trim, and I'm trying to replace the cartridge that gave out last summer (doesn't like to provide cold water anymore) but can't get the dang trim lever off to start the process. The handle is pretty crusted up with calcium from our crappy hard water, but did get the set screw out, but NO luck on pulling off the handle to start the dis-assembly process. I've twisted, pulled and jiggled it as much as I'm comfortable, as I DON'T want to break it.... Maybe stuck on from the calcium??? Thinking of maybe pouring some vinegar or CLR on it to try to get rid of some of the calcium.

Any tips/tricks or thoughts on this? As usual, thought this would be a simple 10 minute DIY deal, but no such luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks