Help building a water treatment system

Users who are viewing this thread

Vh1

Reaction score
I have a 180 foot well put in when the house was built in 2005. Family of 4 with 3 full baths and I am on a septic. Well pressure set 40/60. Have a Kar 90 water report as follows:
Arsenic- . 014 mg/L Magnesium- 29.5 mg/L Sodium- 54.7 mg/L
Sulfur- 6.0 mg/L Manganese- .036 mg/L Alkalinity- 258 mg/L
Iron- .34 mg/L Silicon(total)- 5.2 mg/L Bicarbonate- 257 mg/L
Chloride- 118 mg/L Clarity- 942 mm Color- <5 color units
Corrosivity(aggressive)-12.4 Conductivity 849 micromhos/cm Carbonate- .96 mg/L
Corrosivity(Ryznar)- 6.8 S.U. Hardness- 310 mg/L(CaO3) Hardness- 18.1
PH- 7.6 S.U. Resistivity- 10 ohms/cm Salinity- .426 ppt
Silica- 11.1 mg/L Sulfate- 18 mg/L Turbidity- 2.45 NTU
Total diss. solids- 570 mg/L Sodium ads. ratio-1.66 Corrosivity(langelier)-.S.U.
If you need any other numbers let me Know.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Corrosivity(Ryznar)- .4 S.U.
Check that value. You may have mis-copied. I hope so.

Arsenic- . 014 mg/L
Your treatment will need to lower this.

You will want some treatment before the softener. Katalox Light can remove iron and arsenic.

After that, the softener should probably be a 2 cubic ft of resin unit. That would be a 12" x 52" tank. The KL tank would probably be a similar size.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vh1

Vh1

Reaction score
Check that value. You may have mis-copied. I hope so.

Your treatment will need to lower this.

You will want some treatment before the softener. Katalox Light can remove iron and arsenic.

After that, the softener should probably be a 2 cubic ft of resin unit. That would be a 12" x 52" tank. The KL tank would probably be a similar size.
Thank you. I wrote down the langelier number

Vh1

Reaction score
I would also like to install a RO system. What type would you recommend?

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Agreed but... Arsenic reduction is highly recommended of course but this is an expensive treatment process that can be addressed at the point of use. A good high quality RO should be considered. I would avoid the ultra high efficiency designs when dealing with troubled water. A more traditional design may be beneficial and more effective. Since you have iron, the KL system may be helpful in reducing arsenic, just be sure to let the system gather some iron, meaning with this low level you may want to simply backwash the KL system a little less frequently.

Reactions: Vh1
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks