Help alleviate the hydrogen sulfide smell. Trying to find a Nozzle Thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Poorman65

Reaction score
My well was drilled back in 1999 and the guy installed a return line that ran from a faucet installed below the tank and sprayed back into the top of the well head. This was done to help alleviate the hydrogen sulfide smell we were experiencing. The device worked pretty well.

At some point, the company I have been using to do well repairs, has removed that line. I didn't realize they had done this but have been having problems with the smell for quite awhile now.

All that is left is this nozzle type device on top of the well head. It is threaded on both sides and extends down into the well about 2 inches. At that end there is a pinhole that spray back into the well. Unfortunately, this thing is completely clogged now and I can't fix it.

I have no idea what this thing is called and where to look for a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

Reach4

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this thing is completely clogged now and I can't fix it.
You might try. I used some phosphoric acid that I carefully heated in a microwave oven to clean some deposits from brass. I am not saying that would work for you, and I probably should not mention it. But I did.

Maybe you could soak your nozzle in room temperature CLR overnight or for a few days. Then try running a tiny wire through the orifice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks