Help adding toilet to laundry room

Users who are viewing this thread

Rellimr

Reaction score
I'm looking to add a toilet in my laundry room and need help with DWV. This is a single level home in Oregon with one full bath. Laundry room is about 25' run from main sewer. I understand that I cannot wet vent a toilet from a laundry sink and that I also need to tie the standpipe and sink in downstream of the toilet. Without changing the layout (standpipe > sink > toilet > sewer) can you pros provide the best solution to vent the toilet? Can I run a vent up between the sink and toilet and tie them all together? This is a floating 2X4 floor on top of slab and I'll need to bust up some concrete. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Laundry.png
    Laundry.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 98

Rellimr

Reaction score
Hello again pluming friends. I've revisited my plans and am hoping I can get some feedback. I have now moved the standpipe to the adjacent wall and will be using the lav as a wet vent for the toilet. The vents will tie together in the attic and run to the existing 4" vent. The center 2" is the lav and the right 2" is the standpipe. Do things look cohesive? Please note that the pic is not representative of change in dimension (2D/3D) but rather the fittings needed.

Is a 3" to 2" bushing allowed to reduce from Y to lav? Is there a better option?
Is there a minimum distance needed between the two 3" wye's?
Is a cleanout required and if so where?
Any other input?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Laundry_room.png
    Laundry_room.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
1. Is the highest thin in your picture the lavatory"
2. Are the two wyes in the horizontal plane?
3. Is the vented laundry standpipe drainage entering into the most downstream wye?
4. Is that stuff in the lower right for the standpipe, or what?

Rellimr

Reaction score
1. Is the highest thin in your picture the lavatory"
Yes, in the picture the lav is in the middle and standpipe on opposite wall. Scale is off and it will not be 6' off the ground as it may appear :)
2. Are the two wyes in the horizontal plane?
Yes, the wyes are in the floor.
3. Is the vented laundry standpipe drainage entering into the most downstream wye?
Yes, per "bathroom group" rules, the laundry will dump in after the WC and lav.
4. Is that stuff in the lower right for the standpipe, or what?
Yes, sorry things are not drawn to scale but more so of the fittings needed. Standpipe, trap, and vent will be added but are not shown in diagram.

I have received outside feedback and have been told to dump the lav into the wye for the WC as shown below. Is the 1st option to code and if so any benefit to one over the other? I know to keep the 6' for the WC vent distance.

Thanks

Attachments

• Laundry_room.png
    Laundry_room.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 46

Reach4

Reaction score
I have received outside feedback and have been told to dump the lav into the wye for the WC as shown below. Is the 1st option to code and if so any benefit to one over the other? I know to keep the 6' for the WC vent distance.
6 ft? Are you talking about where the lavatory drainage will join the toilet drainage?

Rellimr

Reaction score
6 ft? Are you talking about where the lavatory drainage will join the toilet drainage?
Yes, 908.1 of UPC states no wet vent shall exceed 6'. Am I misreading this?

Any other input on the setup? Which diagram is to code and any updates that could/should be made?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, 908.1 of UPC states no wet vent shall exceed 6'. Am I misreading this?

Any other input on the setup? Which diagram is to code and any updates that could/should be made?
That's a vertical wet vent. You can't drop 6' into a wet.

Rellimr

Reaction score
Please help me understand the vertical wet vent portion. There might be confusion as to the layout of my drawing or I'm confused as to wording in the code (Oregon UPC). I'm looking to do similar to attached photo. WC will wet vent through lav. Standpipe dumps in after the WC and lav and will have its own vent.

Attachments

• laundry_3.jpg
    laundry_3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Laundry_2.jpg
    Laundry_2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 44
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks