Help a begineer with his shower filtration system

Users who are viewing this thread

KWrath77

Reaction score
Hello. I am building a 7 stage filtration system to eliminate water nastys that i will place in an empy bathroom im not using that is in my backayard, from there i will route the resulting water to my main bathroom for showering, albeit i will use a reverse osmois at the ending part of the project i will treat these as two different systems. The purpose of this system is to get water as pure as possible meeting the required flow and pressure at each stage of filtering to maximize the removing process, got no idea the parameters that each type
of filtration media require or how to achieve this i hope we can figure this out too.

I have 3 mains in my backyard bathrom that im not using: one for the shower , one for the toilet another one for the sink.
What i want to achieve using these 3 mains is increase the flow that goes to to the filters. The configuration is
as follows: 3 filters feed by 1 main and a half plus 3 filters fed by one main and a half, the pressure from the street stimate to be 30 psi no more than that , this barely gives me a rate of one liter per minute.., so i will need a pressure pump and a tank i pressume (?), the water that is collected from these 6 filters (which mirror one another) would go to a pressure pump to pass through a final 4 stage filter. The filters i bought are those 20'' Big Blue types that i got as a good deal, i also have the filtration media for each stage, activated alumina, pre filtration, activated carbon amongs others.

SHOWER MAIN
>\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|-> 3 stage filter>
SINK MAIN --------- --------- ---------|-> Pump, tank (?) -> 4 stage filter->Tank-> Shower
>\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|-> 3 stage filter>
TOILET MAIN

The question that i have is... how would you place the pressurized tanks (if pressurized) with its respective water level gauges, electrovalves and so on? Do you guys consider this a sensible approach for a budget of 500-700 dollars for someone little experience in plumbing? ( i know my way around some electricity) I would appreciate someone that is experienced in the matter giving me his opinion, i can expand on my configuration later if you are interested, the idea is to get 0 ppm and remove insoluble chloramines etc Sorry for my convoluted english.

Salutations

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks