Hello - am trying to save a 35 y.o. Briggs low boy in bone. It was my parents home so I remember when it used to do it's slow, gradual circular moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Mchev08

Reaction score
Hello, trying to save two 1986 Briggs low boy in bone. Was my parents place so I do remember when the flush was quite a bit stronger - always had that pretty slow circular momentum wind-up. Not sure the flush valve in place, flapper opens high and long. Maybe my recollection is wrong and it always was that slow of the a flush-kinda concerning that it's not going down and my over-flow. Pulled both toilets, 3" drain all clear. Any experience with these old Briggs ? I know it's not the water conscious model but am not selling anytime soon, used as rental. Thank you, Martin

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toilets can accumulate some mineral deposits on their passageways over time. That can make the path rougher and potentially smaller, causing issues.

Modern toilets use a siphon jet to get the flushing started versus having to flood the bowl and then let gravity take over.

Given the current state of water in CA, you're really not doing yourself or anyone else any favors by saving those things! Some of those old ones can use as much as 7-gallons per flush...that could be as much as 6x more water than a new one. It all adds up.

Mchev08

Reaction score
Toilets can accumulate some mineral deposits on their passageways over time. That can make the path rougher and potentially smaller, causing issues.

Modern toilets use a siphon jet to get the flushing started versus having to flood the bowl and then let gravity take over.

Given the current state of water in CA, you're really not doing yourself or anyone else any favors by saving those things! Some of those old ones can use as much as 7-gallons per flush...that could be as much as 6x more water than a new one. It all adds up.
I took them out and paid almost a grand for a bisquet San Souci 1.28gpf

k-5172-terrylove-02.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks