Heated toilet seats

Users who are viewing this thread

Liz513

Reaction score
We are remodeling our 30-year old bathroom this week and putting in a Drake II. I have always wanted a heated toilet seat! Does anyone know if the Brondell or UltraTouch heated seats fit the Drake II? I do not want a bidet in this downstairs powder room. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Drakes use standard seats from any manufacturer in either round or elongated bowls. Heated, I don't know. I prefer the Toto Soft Close, but it's a matter of personal preferences. I do not know of a heated seat. (Sit long enough, and it will be warm...LOL) Sorry, but I had to say it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The anchor bolt location for the seat on a Toto is standard to the industry value. The general shape of either the round or elongated bowl is standard. The exact shape of the bowl differs by brand, so a non-OEM seat will fit, but may not match the curves exactly (ie., you may have more or less overlap than the factory seat). Whether this is an issue for you or not is up to you. Same is true with the color matching...each manufacturer's colors can differ slightly. But, you'll also find the perceived color will differ based on the material and the lighting. A few people have noted that the bowl between the two bolts for the seat on some toilets is not perfectly level, and on some seats, this can cause issues. Depends on the seat you are trying to install - 99% of them don't care (and not all toilets have a curve there), but some do. Check yours and then look at the seat you want to ensure you aren't dissappointed. All of the Toto seats, the area around the bolt is like a little pedestal and not continuous between the two bolts, some other brands, the whole hinge point is flat between the two bolts. If the toilet isn't flat there, the seat may need shims or something, or you might not be able to tighten it down.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Neither Jim nor I have addressed your question regarding a heated seat. I know of none other than the bidet seats which of course you did not want. The Soft Close Toto seats are plastic and my experience is that while they are not heated, they are not especially cold either. I do not claim to be a toilet seat expert, but I fear that to get a heated seat you will have to go with the bidet. It seems that the law of supply and demand would be appropriate here. The expense of making an ordinary seat with heat would be very expensive and very few people are concerned enough about a cold tush to pay the price. Now if you want to think about a cold potty seat, consider big game hunting in the snow covered mountain. There the best seat in the woods is a snow and ice coated log. Brush the snow off and have a seat. I assure you, it will be a short visit. Gosh, what we do and call fun!

Liz513

Reaction score
Seriously, if all you men would buy a heated toilet seat for your significant other for Valentine's Day, you would never have to buy another gift -- ever! Yes, this is a very important issue for me. It seems the Brondell and UltraTouch are not returnable if they have been "used" which is why I asked the question (the Brondell can be ordered at Home Depot). I will follow Jim's suggestion and really check out the contours and curves and make sure they will accommodate the heated seat before actually installing. Thanks for your help guys!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Guess I won't need to send you an invitation to elk hunting camp next fall. Just poking a bit of fun, don't take it seriously!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II will take any heated seat or bidet seat.

Almost any TOTO bowl will take any bidet seat. If you have 2-1/4" from the center of the bolt to the tank, you're golden. I have the Brondell Swash bidet seat on my Vespin II, (similar to Drake II)

The toilets I have the most trouble with are the the Kohler one-piece bowls with tanks that curve around the seat.

And Gary, being in Yakima in the Winter, you could really use a heated seat.
Middle of the night and so nice.
I was talking to a relative that took a trip to Japan recently with a group. The group was asked what they liked best about Japan. It was the warm seats and warm wash. I sell many seats to customers coming back from Japan. They become spoiled. But in a good way.

Last edited:

Liz513

Reaction score
Gary, I'll send you my husband -- he would love to go to your elk hunting camp! No offense taken at all.

Thanks for the info, Terry. I will order mine first thing tomorrow. I'll report back in a month and let you know how my clients like the heated seat:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks