Heat Exchanger Replacements

Users who are viewing this thread

Peterx

Reaction score
I recently posted a thread on boiler replacement for an apartment building and got some very useful advice from members here. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/boiler-replacement-for-apartment-building.76182/ Now owners of units within the building are questioning whether a simple heat exchanger replacement should be the preferred approach given the cost of a full boiler replacement. The boilers in question are two Laars Mighty Therm rated at 400 MBH and are about 18 yrs old. My concern is that the boilers are nearing the end of their useful life but Laars suggest they should be good for about 23 to 25 yrs. I would appreciate any thoughts members might have as to whether the reduced cost of heat exchanger replacement would be reasonable if we might expect another 5+ years of life from the boilers. I am also mindful of the suggestion made here that the boilers probably might have much more capacity than needed for our requirements and that may be leading to performance issues. Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks