HD W/H Elements

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I was in Home D the other day and noticed they had 5500 watt incoloy replacement elements.

Any comments.....................

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Those will probably burn down a few houses; particularly the ones where the water heater is wired in with #12.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
H. D. Water Heater Elements

those are the best kind of elements to get, "BUT" you want to only get the 4500 watt elements spec'ed for you wtr/htr incloy is what the electric burners are made of so they don't burn out,

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER P.H.D. WATERHEATEROLYGY

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Just an aside,it is my understanding that light bulb molds are made of incoloy steel.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
What's a low heel 90........maybe a closet bolt?

5500 watt elements will work with Kenmore water heaters on the lower.

Of course it has to have the 10-2 feed going to it.

Anyone know how to join copper pipe when it makes a hard turn right.....or left?

You all are forcing me to eat Jeno's pizza rolls till I pass out

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we had to walk 15 miles through 5 feet of snow, uphill both ways to get to school each day, in our shorts.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
those are the best kind of elements to get, "BUT" you want to only get the 4500 watt elements spec'ed for you wtr/htr incloy is what the electric burners are made of so they don't burn out,

If they are water heater elements they are acceptable for water heaters. The higher temperature capability of the Incololy allows a higher heat transfer rate to the water to keep the heater from burning out.

A 30 amp circuit is permitted to handle a 24 amp continuous load (5760 Watts at 240 Volts). If it is put on #12 circuit with a 20 amp breaker it will trip the breaker.

Regarding the "P.H.D." line: That abbreviation always exposes the fakes because it is not the correct abbreviation, which a real Ph.D. would know. The correct term is the Latin Philosophiae Doctor (Doctor of Philosophy), for which the correct abbreviation is Ph.D.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I say let's loosen up a little, if a guy wants to use the phrase "P.H.D." after over 30 years in plumbing...I say let 'im.
I think you may have missed the point...he isn't claiming a college degree here.
There's no need to alert the feds, it's a humorous metaphor to relay his pride.
I suspect the collegiate athorities may not be too concerned.
I also suspect true intellectuals are more preocuppied with more deviant affronts to their accolades.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
So, there's a degree in "waterheaterology"?
Luckily for this thread, the academic integrity of our society has been preserved and all those who worked their tails off to earn their "waterheaterology" degree's are able to breath a sigh of relief.
I'm with Mark on this...the threads topic is very interesting, the pissing contest isn't.

Construct30

Reaction score
Let's face it, those of us that for what ever reason didn't make it to college, are always going to be second rate when compared to those with a degree, even though many of them, college grads, need a bit more common sense.

My plumbing and remodeling business has raised three kids and sent two of them to college so far. They now think they are better than I am too I'm afraid.

After twenty years or more we all should earn a PHD in grumpology, construction workers only at our college.

COLLEGE BOYS!!!

Last edited:

Construct30

Reaction score
I for one am always up for a good "pissing contest". I can hook up the toilet.

I find them interesting even when I know I will eventually lose. Ain't that right?

Construct30

Reaction score
Rugged if you would quite kicking your feet would could put all our PHD's together and pull you out of that chimney.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to tweak MACPLUMB777. The line was obviously a joke.

I was pointing out that I have seen others who were really trying to fake it, and people who try to fake it are often exposed by their ignorance of what a person with real credentials would know. That applies whether they are trying to look like a Ph.D. or a Master Plumber or anything other professional calling.

Construct30

Reaction score
Perhaps that disrespect is normal and expected in your world. It sure isn't acceptable in mine.

Our "world" tends to be full of all kinds of crap. So we laugh. We are barely civilized. Who else would take a sawzall to a sewer pipe. Now the crap is really flying.

Cookie

Reaction score
A degree is nice to have, but it absolutely does not make anyone smart. :p The smartest person in my life was my mother. She never had any formal education. I have a relative, with degrees and doesn't know his name on a good day. A degree only matters to the person itself. If one needs to add on the fancy letters so be it. They can call themselves whatever they want, I only want to be called...not late for supper. And, I thought the P.H.D. was funny and after 30 years hey! maybe, he earned it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks