Have you seen this faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

rminv

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this faucet? I think it might be a Price-Pfister.

I tried to take off the handle the other day. I began by trying to pry the chrome 'cap' off the top - only it turned out not to be a cap. You can see the result in the attached image. I ended up peeling off the top surface of the handle. There is a center circle (where I thought the screw would be) that remained firmly attached to the rest of the handle.

I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but does anyone know where the retaining screw for the handle is on this model?

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

• PIC-0162.jpg
    PIC-0162.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 177
  • PIC-0163.jpg
    PIC-0163.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 155

rminv

Reaction score
I don't see a little tab. Do you recall how to uncover it?

Thanks for the reply,
Tim

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That piece you "tore apart" would have unscrewed from the handle if you had used a pair of Channelock pliers on it. That small "circle" in the center is where the thread is, and the retaining screw is UNDER it. You used the "don't force it get a bigger hammer" theory on it, and now it is trashed. I hope you are replacing the valve, because you will probably NOT find a new handle or cap any more.

rminv

Reaction score
Yep, I knew I'd feel like an idiot. Right answer, HJ. You guys are awesome. Thanks!

Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks