Have sprinkler head output but need to irrigate narrow strip

Users who are viewing this thread

John H. Power

Reaction score
I have a narrow strip I need to irrigate. About 3 feet wide and 20 feet long. I removed the sprinkler head which was a throw head that was rotating 180 degrees so I was wasting a lot of water since most of the rotation was irrigating my brick driveway before either side of the strip got watered. The driveway runs along side this strip

I have now worked it out so one side of the strip is irrigated from another sprinkler head but I will lose the remaining strip if I do not get water to it. There is an available head at one end of the strip and the water pressure is really good. Is there a drip type of line I can buy that will attach to the available head and run the length of the strip so I can water this area. I do not want much of a throw because a vehicle will be parked along the edge of the strip and the iron in the well water in southeast Florida is terrible.

Thanks

John H. Power

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are heads for this purpose. I think all manufacturers of sprinkler heads have them, personally I am familiar with Rainbird. These are pop up style that can be adjusted to maintain a low throw. Check with a lawn irrigation company. They will have a better handle on this than Big Box stores.

Teamo

Reaction score
I would use rain bird 1800 series with cst nozzles. You install the heads down the center of the lawn strip and the cst's have a square watering pattern. They make various spacing for the cst's. I have used the 9's and the 15's but I'm sure they have more types. If there is concrete or other hard surface at the ends they make an end strip nozzle the sprays in only one direction. Also you can gate down the pressure at each head with the adjuster screw if the water is spraying over the side of the strip.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Teamo, this guy doesn't seem interested in our answers. I posted a week ago and there was not response. No thanks but no thanks, kiss my %&** or anything. We get these folks all the time. Ask a question, but never check for an answer or at least never reply. Such is the way of free advice, I guess.

Teamo

Reaction score
Gary,
I know lots of people drop a post and never return to follow it up but I still enjoy the forums. Even if they don't return I always learn something from other posters such as yourself who take the time to write them.

John H. Power

Reaction score
Teamo, this guy doesn't seem interested in our answers. I posted a week ago and there was not response. No thanks but no thanks, kiss my %&** or anything. We get these folks all the time. Ask a question, but never check for an answer or at least never reply. Such is the way of free advice, I guess.

I am offended by this comment. I read the answer and immediately did as suggested. I was told about a special sprinkler head you can buy that you insert a valve into that restricts the water pattern. It was called an end cap. So to say that I am a jerk for not posting again is offensive. I got the answer I was looking for and acted accordingly. I think you should apologize for insulting me like this. I have been practicing law for 32 years (see verobeachlaw.com) so I am not the worthless freeloader you imply....

I have posted several times on the plumbing forum, got my answers and solved my problem and no-one has ever called me a jerk like you have sir.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am offended by this comment. I read the answer and immediately did as suggested. I was told about a special sprinkler head you can buy that you insert a valve into that restricts the water pattern. It was called an end cap. So to say that I am a jerk for not posting again is offensive. I got the answer I was looking for and acted accordingly. I think you should apologize for insulting me like this. I have been practicing law for 32 years (see verobeachlaw.com) so I am not the worthless freeloader you imply....

I have posted several times on the plumbing forum, got my answers and solved my problem and no-one has ever called me a jerk like you have sir.
Well, we non lawyers are used to hearing some sort of feedback, positive or negative, that's all. Gary only referred to you as "these folks" and he did not tell you to kiss his arse, only said you did not even post back telling him to kiss yours. I don't thing you have any cause to be offended in my opinion. Us guys that do things, and apparently you do your own irrigation mods by yourself too, kind of don't get so easily offended.

If it were me that Gary said I did not have the courtesy to post back, I would just have said I was sorry, and said it was helpful, or not helpful, but thanks anyway. I did not read anything where he called you a jerk. For the most part, this is an EXTREMELY friendly site.

circumstantial evidence.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks