Have I been installing tank water heaters wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Have I been installing tank water heaters wrong?
Does this installation seem a little odd to others?

upside-down-wh-700.jpg

wh-bradford-white-wall-hung-04.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It definately looks odd, But it appears that the tank is designed for this installation. The cover plate appears to be oriented correctly. I wonder if BW makes a model that is bracketed to the wall like that?

However I think its someones clever Photoshop work. I can't find any model like that. A wall mounted unit would be square or mounted in a wall hung tray of some sort.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
It is probably more economical (vs. being on the basement floor). Hope they have some good blocking in the wall tho ....

wh-bradford-white-wall-hung-03.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Guess the dip tube is on the hot side if it wasn't hot water wouldn't be their. Only problem if the relief would open.
The manual indicates that the Hot side nipple was also the anode rod. The replacement part that I found on the link for the prior model shows that it wasn't drawing hot water off the top of the tank somehow.

1668524984922.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks