Has anyone noticed this on the deers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how thick and dark the fur is on the deer's right now? It is going to be a very cold winter, I think. It is so early for this on them. I got a deer, who was born on my property, amongst many others, but, this one, has taken a liking to me, from the year he was born in 2006. I saw him outside looking in the garden window and went down to feed him and I can't believe how dark it is, and thick. That is a sign of bad weather, I think. I can't recall seeing it this dark, and feeling it so thick.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I think that you are one of the lucky few that get to enjoy nature to its finest.

Around here they will not let you get close to them, Unless maybe you have a feeder.

I don't like the way people hunt out of season using their automobile.

It was their land before we went and put a Highway thru it.

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't like hunting at all. I was married to this man who was so funny. We own a cabin in the woods, and, it is pretty rural, lots of animals. So, he would go up the hill, with the national forest at the edge of our property and take his gun. He did this since the 80's. He was going hunting. I said, "okay..." lol.

So, I sat on the porch, listening to the grouse, writing my columns for the newsaper, sipping my coffee, enjoying it all, watching the deer walk by, the bear go by, the turkey go by, and eventually, down comes my husband.

He would say, every time, " I didn't see anything."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks