Has anyone experienced green water because of improper grounding of appliances? Or whole house?

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by CanOfWorms, Apr 26, 2018.

1. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

Appraiser, Property manager, Realtor, DAD.
    Has anyone experienced green water because of improper grounding of appliances? Or whole house?

I have a client/landlord and their tenant is complaining of green water.
    It looks like copper.

I know copper pipes corrode green inside, but usually this coating is stable.

He installed an electric tankless water heater himself along with the dishwasher and the fridge water.

I read that improperly grounded appliances connected to the plumbing can cause excess corrosion through electrolysis.
    Any thoughts on this?

2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Rocket Scientist
    May be algae. Look at it under a microscope.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement