Harden Roman Tub Valve, What brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Loren sanders Sr

Reaction score
I need to change out the valve stems as they are frozen up. The owners never used this tub only the shower. So minerals have set in and I am unable to open the valve stems...both hot and cold. The stem shaft has approximately 16 -20 groves for the handle and they go all the way down under the escheon nipple. I tried to back out the all thread nipple for the escheon and it is frozen. I soaked the valve stem in white vinegar for 6 hours, dried it out and sprayed AeroKroil to try to loosen it up. I am afraid to use the torch on it because I don't know if there are O-rings between the shaft and the rest of the stem assembly. It looks very much like a Harden Stem in a catalog that I have but not exactly. The home was built in 1987 or 88. Where the valve stem seats on the Roman Tub Valve there is no o-ring or fiber gasket. Also the wide angel lens makes the photo look a little out of perspective, that is the measurement of the valve is approximately 4 9/16" in overall length. TIA for any help with this

Attachments

• Stem-End-view_0261.jpg
    Stem-End-view_0261.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 448
  • Valve-out-view_0265.jpg
    Valve-out-view_0265.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 369
  • WEB-Nikon-Faucet-disassembled1179.jpg
    WEB-Nikon-Faucet-disassembled1179.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 485
  • WEB-Stem-w-Ruler_0260.jpg
    WEB-Stem-w-Ruler_0260.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks