Hard water

Users who are viewing this thread

Erick G

Reaction score
Hello guys. Got more of an advice question since I know half the issue.

Got a shower in a very large old house that just seems to keep plugging full of calcium at the shower head. It is a shower only. This is the only shower in the whole house that is affected. This is also the only fixture at all that is affected. It is an upstairs shower and I do not know whether or not if it is the last fixture on the run, as I am new to this customer. I basically told them they would need to add a softener or some sort of filter on the main line to help reduce this. They don't believe me because this is the only fixture being affected.

Extra details is that I believe this is some sort of air bnb, and they did tell me that the shower sat for a while before being used again.

Is there anything different I could do to fix this issue or anything that I am missing to help further diagnose the issue? Bare with me, I am still learning service, and ran into another problem I have never seen before.

Erick G

Reaction score
Also, I have dumped the shower head and ran it for 15 mins the last time. Apparently this is an ongoing issue

Reach4

Reaction score
Softeners are nice. But if the only thing you are needing to treat is the showerhead, it is easy and cheap to swap showerheads every year or three.

Erick G

Reaction score
Softeners are nice. But if the only thing you are needing to treat is the showerhead, it is easy and cheap to swap showerheads every year or three.
The showerhead has been swapped. It just keeps happening the past few weeks. After I dump the shower head, I run it. Then they call a few days later.

Erick G

Reaction score
It's just plugging the screen over and over it seems. And just that fixture

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks