Hard to seal threaded joint

Users who are viewing this thread

loukky

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting a threaded joint to seal at the base of a tank that holds water, height of tank about 5 feet so not much pressure. This is a 1 1/2" PVC male adapter going into a bulkhead fitting which is black (maybe ABS?). I used teflon tape and teflon paste both when assembling this but still have a slow weep. I have checked the adaptor for cracks as well as the bulkhead. It is a real hassle to disassemble this system and I am to the point I would try a different sealant if there is something recommended. I generally know how tight to do a fitting but this one seems to want to go further than I would prefer, maybe due to the slickness of the teflon and the two different materials, and I don't want to overtighten. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks