Hard to remove kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes there is so little space between the bowl of a kitchen sink and the wall that getting a wrench up there is very difficult. And even if you can fit the basin wrench or pliers up there, you sometimes need that second hand to grip the portion of the faucet above the counter. Even my arms aren't that long. :(

faucet-nut-drilled-3.jpg

Here is what I'm talking about. Removing the nut after it's been there a while can be tough. In a pinch, I pull my drill from the van, and drill the nut to break it into sections where I can then pry it off with a flat blade screwdriver.

faucet-nut-drilled-5.jpg

Once I separate the nut I can then pry it off from the threads.

faucet-nut-drilled-2.jpg

Another look at a different sized nut that's been drilled.

faucet-nut-drilled-4.jpg

Many of the newer faucets come with two screws that allow you to tighten and snug it up with a Phillips screwdriver. When it's time to remove, you can loosen the screws and move the nut off with your fingers. At least I think I can. I've got pretty strong fingers you know.

kwc-kitchen-faucet.jpg

And the new faucet installed. This one is from KWC

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks