Hard time removing shower faucet knobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed Davis

Reaction score
Hi. I'm hoping someone recognizes the knob pair below and knows how to safely remove them. The cap fell off the one on the left, prompting the need for replacement. The hardware was installed by the previous owner around 1988.

If it matters, looks like the same type of knob, which has curves at the back for fingerholds, was used in shower was also used in sinks. If there are hidden screws, I cannot find them. There might be one recessed far into the center (see exposed center in left knob). But I cannot see or enough or probe enough with a screwdriver - and don't want to do damage I'll regret.

Thanks!

upload_2021-11-7_13-29-18.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
No clue myself. Need a flashlight to look inside the hole. It's possible it is a allen wrench screw head or a small philips.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think this is American Standard Fabian handles from the Amarillas collection. Different angle photos would help. Your cartridge for the shower would be the 28628-0070A.

Attachments

• 28628-0070A.jpeg
    28628-0070A.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 0000-803.jpeg
    0000-803.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 82
  • [Untitled] - 2021-11-08T060139.368-compressed.pdf
    116.9 KB · Views: 80

Jed Davis

Reaction score
Marlinman, thank you very much! Your ID of this item is spot-on. The schematic you posted also helps to illustrate that my left faucet cap broke at a middle layer, hiding the retention screw between the bottom cap layer and the rest of the assembly.

This site solves more frustration that any other I know!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks