Hansgrohe Wall-Mount Faucet.... HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

pixelpixi

Reaction score
Hi! I'm trying to install the trim for a Hansgrohe Steel single handle wall-mount faucet.

http://www.hansgrohe-usa.com/us_en/120854_31353739325F32375F3436383437.htm

I got the handle side installed and that works great. The spout side is a different story. The spout connects with a spout connecting thread which is a brass part with straight pipe thread on one end and an o-ring on the other. The oring end slides into in the end of the spout and the male pipe thread end screws into the rough.

The problem is that the connection between the rough and the spout connecting thread leaks. No amount or combination of pipe dope, teflon tape, or tightening seems to stop it from leaking. It's not actually surprising to me that it leaks, though, because the spout connecting thread actually wobbles a bit when screwed into the rough!

I feel like I must be missing something but the installation instructions don't give me any hints and I haven't been able to find anything online. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

-Erin

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
The site has instructions for two models of that fitting, since you didn't include your model number I can't be sure you are using the info. that pertains to your model, the instructions are pretty clear how to install the spout.

pixelpixi

Reaction score
It's the model without the baseplate (35116801). I agree that the instructions are pretty clear and straightforward and yet I can't get the threads to stop leaking. :-(

One thing I've thought of trying is getting a replacement connecting thread (part 97230000). Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Google doesn't turn up any useful hits for that part number.

EuroPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi Pixelpixi,

Please call Hansgrohe technical services at 800-334-0455 and we will be happy to help you with parts and support. Not sure why this isn't right from what I've read, but we will help you any way we can.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks