Hansgrohe - Two function Shower with a shared function - Plumbing nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Rkol297

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm installing the Hansgrohe iBox part # - 01850181 with the Quattro Rough 3 way diverter valve 15930181 that allows for the use of two separate functions (Rain shower & Hand Shower) as well as a shared function (both together.

I've plumbed them up and when I got to the plumbing of the shared function I do not see a way that I can hook them up that they are shared. I've found this resource https://assets.hansgrohe.com/mam/celum/celum_assets/16__aruh0257_pdf.pdf?2 however it does not show me a diagram for a shower that has two independent functions with one shared.

First time I've used this system so please help. Thank you in advance.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not super familiar with Hansgrohe, but the 15930181 instructions says "The Quattro and Quattro Green diverters are for use in a three-function shower. Do not plug any outlet." The instructions also say that the 15930181 can be set to use any of the 3 connections, or any pair of them (6 possible settings).

Sounds like you just need a 2-way diverter. [The ones under discussion don't have an "off" setting, so your mixer valve would need to have an "off" setting.] The PDF you linked to shows using the "Trio 2-Way Diverter 15984181". Since it shows using the "
Quattro Green 3-Way Diverter 5936181" (which does not allow the use of more than one outlet simultaneously) for two functions in "
areas where two shower functions cannot be run simultaneously," I infer that the "Trio 2-Way Diverter 15984181" already allows the use of both functions simultaneously (3 possible settings).

Oddly, on the web page for "Trio 2-Way Diverter 15984181" I didn't actually find a document that confirms that it supports both functions simultaneously, but that must be the case given the above. If they had a 2-Way Diverter than didn't support two simultaneous functions, they would suggest using it for 2 functions in "areas where two shower functions cannot be run simultaneously", rather than showing the use of the 3-Way "Green" Diverter, with two of the outlets interconnected.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks