Hansgrohe Pressure Balance Valve - no water flow

Users who are viewing this thread

James83

Reaction score
Local plumber installed iBox Universal Plus rough in for a shower head only set up in shower. Purchased a Hansgrohe trim kit with Pressure Balance valve 30724741 (they call it a function block) that I installed. Hansgrohe provides a flush insert. Followed instructions, installed flush insert, opened cold stop and ran it 5 minutes and closed it. Rotated flush insert 90 degrees, opened hot stop, ran 5 minutes and closed it. Both cold and hot water flowed fine. Installed function block/valve, opened both cold and hot stops and turned handle to full on...can hear water running into valve but no water flows from shower head. Called Hansgrohe - they said never had issue before but thought valve may not have been drilled properly. Sent me a replacement. Went through step by step instructions again with same results - cold and hot flow when flush insert is in place but no water flow when function block/valve is installed. What I am missing? Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How about some 800 pixel pictures of what you have there. They can be attached to the posts here.

ibox_1.jpg

ibox_5.jpg

ibox_6.jpg

This one is a thermostatic valve.

ibox_7.jpg

ibox_8.jpg

Last edited:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Local plumber installed iBox Universal Plus rough in for a shower head only set up in shower. Purchased a Hansgrohe trim kit with Pressure Balance valve 30724741 (they call it a function block) that I installed. Hansgrohe provides a flush insert. Followed instructions, installed flush insert, opened cold stop and ran it 5 minutes and closed it. Rotated flush insert 90 degrees, opened hot stop, ran 5 minutes and closed it. Both cold and hot water flowed fine. Installed function block/valve, opened both cold and hot stops and turned handle to full on...can hear water running into valve but no water flows from shower head. Called Hansgrohe - they said never had issue before but thought valve may not have been drilled properly. Sent me a replacement. Went through step by step instructions again with same results - cold and hot flow when flush insert is in place but no water flow when function block/valve is installed. What I am missing? Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
start by taken your shower head off. It may be plugged

McGhie09

Reaction score
Has there been a solution for this? I’m having the exact same issue with no other info I can find. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks