Hansgrohe iBox installation

Users who are viewing this thread

aconneal

Reaction score
Installed iBox which is getting water service but only diverting to one function. Is this an installation or valve problem?

hansgrohe-diverter-instruction-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What valve did you install in it, and how did you lay out the piping. Hot to the left side, cold to the right, There are two outputs, but several different valves that install, some with diverters.

ibox_5.jpg

ibox_6.jpg

spaces_hg_03.jpg

spaces_hg_05.jpg

ibox-options.jpg

Last edited:

aconneal

Reaction score
What valve did you install in it, and how did you lay out the piping. Hot to the left side, cold to the right, There are two outputs, but several different valves that install, some with diverters.

Installed 4 port universal plus rough with service stops. Here’s what the plumbing behind the wall looks like.

8904DD49-00F5-4792-A765-183F9B1AEAC5.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They make many valves for the iBox. Look at your part number for it and let us know so that we can give an answer.

I had pie today. My options were: Apple, Pumpkin, Minced Meat, Key Lime, and custard. Which one did I have?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
In the Northwest.. I think you had apple

I had 2 options. Apple and pumpkin. Pumpkin it is.

Sorry aconneal for the quick hijack.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Both apple and pumpkin. In prier years with everybody getting together, there would be an amazing amount of food and pies to choose from. We're playing it safe this year. That and I sold my mothers home this year that was large enough for forty to set down together and eat a meal.

pamela-basement-tables.jpg

Tables in the rec room.

pamela-kitchen.jpg

The kitchen

pamela-living-room.jpg

Hanging out in the living room afterwards.

terry-with-kam.jpg

aconneal

Reaction score
They make many valves for the iBox. Look at your part number for it and let us know so that we can give an answer.

I had pie today. My options were: Apple, Pumpkin, Minced Meat, Key Lime, and custard. Which one did I have?

I hope you had a pice of each!

F4976B7F-2BB1-4143-9FE6-FA4C9E5D1A63.jpeg
F459D76F-5F6B-47EB-87DF-0A651D79AEF5.jpeg

hansgrohe-diverter-instruction-4.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So the idea is to have both pressure balancing and thermostatic elements? And you can't get both built into a trim from Hansgrohe, so you put in a separate pressure balancing component to use with the thermostatic shower valve?

Nice idea. Given the thermostatic shower valve, what added benefit does the pressure balancing valve provide?

Cheers, Wayne

aconneal

Reaction score
image.jpg
So the idea is to have both pressure balancing and thermostatic elements? And you can't get both built into a trim from Hansgrohe, so you put in a separate pressure balancing component to use with the thermostatic shower valve?

Nice idea. Given the thermostatic shower valve, what added benefit does the pressure balancing valve provide?

Cheers, Wayne

So sorry, I’m the homeowner not a plumber so I cannot answer your questions. I’ve attached the paperwork included with the valve. Hopefully it can answer your questions.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
What I'm wondering then is who decided to install the Tempera Valve in addition to the Hansgrohe Thermostatic Valve, and why? Because the thermostatic shower valve alone would be sufficient to comply with the requirements of California Plumbing Code 408.3. Mostly I'm curious, as planning to install a themostatic valve alone, and wondering if there's an advantage to adding a pressure balancing device.

Cheers, Wayne

aconneal

Reaction score
What I'm wondering then is who decided to install the Tempera Valve in addition to the Hansgrohe Thermostatic Valve, and why? Because the thermostatic shower valve alone would be sufficient to comply with the requirements of California Plumbing Code 408.3. Mostly I'm curious, as planning to install a themostatic valve alone, and wondering if there's an advantage to adding a pressure balancing device.

Cheers, Wayne

I’m embarrassed to say that I relied on the salesperson to sell me what I needed and not something I didn’t need. It’s obvious that my plumber is not familiar with this part because he just installed what was there without questioning. I wonder if this is what’s causing the problem I have? Maybe Terry can give us his opinion.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The valve comes factory set to only do one function at a time. These are the instructions on how to modify that so that two functions can operate at the same time. I've done this a few times for my customers.

hansgrohe-diverter-instruction-1.jpg

hansgrohe-diverter-instruction-2.jpg

Last edited:

aconneal

Reaction score
The valve comes factory set to only do one function at a time. These are the instructions on how to modify that so that two functions can operate at the same time. I've done this a few times for my customers.

hansgrohe-diverter-instruction-1.jpg

hansgrohe-diverter-instruction-2.jpg

I’m not looking to have them work simultaneously. I would like them to work separately but only the overhead is working, no water going to hand shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks