Hansgrohe Axor nipple length

Users who are viewing this thread

WassupTC

Reaction score
I roughed in a Hansgrohe iBox and quattro diverter and off of that I have an Axor port to use for a handheld wand.

installation instructions call for the nipple length outside the finished wall to be 5/8 inch. I'm tiling and did what I could to figure everything right to have that extension length, but after tiling I'm between 1/2 - 9/16 inch.

is that a major concern or can I just thread the elbow as snug as I can over the support element and be good?

my only thought to mitigate the issue—short of demolition—was to grind down the tile around the nipple to get the required extension length.

thank you!
Tim

BA150B60-3702-4173-A6B7-F2943738F8D8.jpeg
20AF6416-870C-4A15-A1D4-48E2225175D6.jpeg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Those AXOR handshower ells are pretty stupidly designed. Very stupid actually. Sell it on EBAY.
We almost always insist on Grohe's or versions because theirs has nice flexibility for depth/nipple length.
Nipples can be removed with nipple extractor and you can then use a different brand. Hansgrohe doesn't care that they have a design that is unfriendly and hard to make work cleanly.
This is something you wouldn't know without experience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks