Handheld Shower with fixed head combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
My wife & I are currently in the preliminary stages of planning for a major bathroom remodel, and looking at the choices for Tub/Shower units, we cannot find a all-in unit that also includes a handheld shower head.

Are there any manufacturers that sell the Fixed shower head with tub faucet unit, along with the divertor valve for a flex-hose handheld shower head, or will we end up going with the Tub/Shower & a secondary unit for the hand-held?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Almost everyone! You want a 3-way divertor: tub, fixed shower head, handheld. The tub spout would be a straight one (without a divertor in it). You may not find it in a "kit", but would have to buy the parts separately.

AlwaysInHotWater

Reaction score
shower head and handheld

I would recommend an in-wall diverter valve and 2 outlets. 1 outlet in the 'standard' location for a wall type shower head and the other outlet at whatever position looks good to you for the hose. Adding a 90 degree wall union will let the hose hang down nicely against the wall. To hold the handheld, I like using a slide rail. Grohe makes some very nice valves that you may want to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
AlwaysInHotWater said:
I would recommend an in-wall diverter valve and 2 outlets. 1 outlet in the 'standard' location for a wall type shower head and the other outlet at whatever position looks good to you for the hose. Adding a 90 degree wall union will let the hose hang down nicely against the wall. To hold the handheld, I like using a slide rail.

Grohe makes some very nice valves that you may want to look at.

Kohler & Dornbracht also.

jrseaberg

Reaction score
Delta...

A few months ago, I bought a Delta "kit".

Delta: Innovations Series Single-Handle: lvr hdle, 3-hole installation, 5-1/4" spout - 540
Color: Brilliance Pearl Nickel/Chrome with matching accents.

It has a single handle rough-in valve w/ two body sprays, trim kit, fixed shower head, and an additional outlet that I used for a hand-held shower on a bar. (I think they had the same set up for a bath/shower combo.) I think the rough-in valve had a "XO" in the model number, for "extra outlet".

I haven't energized it yet (still tiling), but I was impressed with the customer service at Delta. (I think it their site is www.deltafaucet.com) I HOPE their product is as impressive to me.

Jim

p.s. I'm not affiliated in any way with these sites; I'm just a DIYer.:p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks