handheld shower head attachment from which you can shut off water flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

beethovengirl

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you know of a handheld shower head attachment from which you can shut off the water flow [rather than doing so using the dial in the wall]?

I would like to be able to shut off the water flow while sitting in my shower [rather than having to stand up to shut it off].

thank you! :)

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a brasscraft hand-held shower massager that has a position that shuts off the water. It still leaks a bit, though, so you will still need to shut off the water in the normal way at some point when you are done taking the shower.

beethovengirl

Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
I have a brasscraft hand-held shower massager that has a position that shuts off the water. It still leaks a bit, though, so you will still need to shut off the water in the normal way at some point when you are done taking the shower.
thanks for your reply!

Are you referring to a pause function?
According to http://www.***********.com/support/fix-leaks.html
"A shower head or hand held shower head cannot be made to completely shut-off the water flow because of the possibility of cross-flow, which can cause unusual things to happen, like hot water coming out of your sprinkler system! Because of this, the shower head or hand held shower head pause feature will always let a little water through."

So I guess what I'm hoping for is not possible.

Where can one purchase the Brasscraft brand? I'm not familiar with it.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm guessing you might be handicapped. If that's the case, there must be some product out there that will turn off the water completely from a sitting position. Let's see what others have to say.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The pause function which is available on many showerheads, and also as an add-on button, always allows just a slight dribble of water. If you do not allow this, then when you turn the shower back on, it will probably be cold.

The small dripple should not be a problem. If you insist on complete shut off, you could install a small ball valve at the shower head itself, but you would like have the problem I described. And it would be a little clumsy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks