Handheld shower below and to the side of Delta valve??

Users who are viewing this thread

Star4Short

Reaction score
Hi-
Planning a complete remodel- 3 wall alcove tub area separate than the shower area- but all in a "wet zone"
Delta Lahara Tempassure T17T038 trim with r10000 multichoice rough, delta tub spout RP17453 pull down diverter, and R11000 diverter rough in kit- and a handheld shower head on angled arm - Delta could only tell me the parts work together but could not give me the install advice.
The Question- can the handheld shower be installed to the right and below on the handle trim? I see min and max distance on tub spout, but no clarity on shower head (handheld in this case)?
Attached are just mocks ups- can the handheld shower go either red or yellow circle areas?
Thank you for taking the time....

delta trim .png
handheld shower.png

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can add the hand shower off of the top of the valve and then bring it back down. So up for the hand held, and then back down.
The tub spout needs to be full sized pipe or water will be forced out of the hand shower location. No PEX or CPVC toward the tub spout.

Star4Short

Reaction score
eB2SU_KumyJD3Xi0VSDNC98uwfWGFpN2pIdmtpgUC3AjuurHWFQZhmelYyFp6gwzzX5R7Dw2X_Cu7CmPXoUfxbsbaQ=s256

So contractor agreed no PEX toward tub spout- and I came home today- this is PEX right? towards tub spout?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
FOR TUB SPOUT INSTALLATION: Refer to the installation instructions supplied with your spout. Do not connect deck mount spouts to in-wall valves. Do not use hand showers connected in lieu of a tub spout to a tub/shower valve. Do not use PEX tubing for tub spout drop.

You have PEX to the tub spout. That needs to be changed to copper or brass nipples.

Star4Short

Reaction score
Thank you - I will have him change PEX to tub spout- the tub spout is the wall mount delta; with pull down diverter- the handheld shower replaces the normal shower head in the "up then down" install according to what you told me in earlier in this thread.
Thank you as always!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks