Hallmark pump. Blue, yellow and black wires Oh my?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve3000

Reaction score
New submersible well pump Hallmark Ind. Blue, yellow and black wires coming out of pump. Im connecting to R/Black/G. What goes to what? Also the wires coming from the pump seem very thin? Any help is great thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Use an ohmmeter to see which wire has continuity to the pump case. That one will be ground.

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
New submersible well pump Hallmark Ind. Blue, yellow and black wires coming out of pump. Im connecting to R/Black/G. What goes to what? Also the wires coming from the pump seem very thin? Any help is great thanks!

I recently installed a hallmark. Greenish-yellow is ground. As long as you don't have a 115 volt pump, and supposing the pump is one of their 230 volt labeled models, the blue wire connects to one hot leg (red) and the black connects to the other hot leg (black) but it doesn't matter which. Just keep greenish to green. Its kinda yellow but more green. Mine had a sticker on the yellow-green wire that said PE with a ground symbol on it. I guess PE is their codename for Planet Earth.

also, you are correct. The wires coming from the pump are 16 gauge at best. Super thin. I installed my pump in the fall of 2020. I will be very surprised if it lasts a year. The online reviews of these Hallmark pumps are love/hate. Some folks say they are great and others say they aren't worth the package they were shipped in. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Steve3000

Reaction score
I recently installed a hallmark. Greenish-yellow is ground. As long as you don't have a 115 volt pump, and supposing the pump is one of their 230 volt labeled models, the blue wire connects to one hot leg (red) and the black connects to the other hot leg (black) but it doesn't matter which. Just keep greenish to green. Its kinda yellow but more green. Mine had a sticker on the yellow-green wire that said PE with a ground symbol on it. I guess PE is their codename for Planet Earth.

also, you are correct. The wires coming from the pump are 16 gauge at best. Super thin. I installed my pump in the fall of 2020. I will be very surprised if it lasts a year. The online reviews of these Hallmark pumps are love/hate. Some folks say they are great and others say they aren't worth the package they were shipped in. Time will tell.
Yea lol so far so good. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks