Hach 5B Water Test Quesion

Users who are viewing this thread

Treeman

Reaction score
Knowing that my water hardness hovers around 30gpg +/-, I followed directions from Reach4's other posts and carefully diluted my water 50% with distilled water (still one test tube total).

When I first tried the test with only distilled water, it immediately turned dark blue. With my 1:1 diluted water, pink after adding the reagent, at 15 drops it turned a light purple, indicating about 28 gpg.

Adding 4 more drops of the titration fluid never turned it darker blue. Is this normal? I wonder if adding distilled water changes anything? Has anyone ever contacted Hach to verify that dilution with distilled water keeps results proportional: 1:1 dilution results x 2 = reading?

Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am wondering if the waters are not completely mixed by the time you start dropping. Maybe if you premix the water in a different container, the mix will be more uniform

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks