Gurgling noise when tub drains

Users who are viewing this thread

carcoh

Reaction score
My husband and I are in the process of purchasing an 8 year old house and had the inspection a few days ago. The inspector filled the spa tub and when it drained there was a gurgling noise coming from the shower drain about 8 feet away (no water backfilled into the shower, just a gurgling noise). The inspector advised us to have a licensed plumber look at the situation. Upon questioning the sellers they told us the following: They heard a gurgling sound at the time they purchased the house. They asked the builders about the noise. The builders told them it was just the angle of the pipes and could not be changed. My husband and I do not know much about plumbing and don't feel that this is a major issue. We don't plan to use the tub a lot and can live with a gurgling noise. Please let me know if this is something I should be concerned with. Thanks for your advise!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks