Gurgling in one half of kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dirty jerz, the dishwasher wye rotates so the branch enters the horizontal pipe on the top side. maybe its just pointed to the back a bit suppose it doesn't matter its being forced by pump.
I looked again and found another reference that says high loop or air gap. I guess why bother if code doesn't require airgap.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don’t follow this? There is not enough vertical clearance to connect the dishwasher under the right sink drain. That was the first attempt and it did not work.
The DW wyes have baffles built into them, which means that at a certain angle, the baffle could interfere with the flow of the upstream sink drain. Having the wye inlet at 12oclock means that the baffle is at its max height within the drain.

DirtyJerz

Reaction score
The DW wyes have baffles built into them, which means that at a certain angle, the baffle could interfere with the flow of the upstream sink drain. Having the wye inlet at 12oclock means that the baffle is at its max height within the drain.
Ah sure, this might just be the angle of the picture. In essence, the wye cannot point straight up as there is not sufficient vertical clearance for the drain hose to come in. so, looking at the pipe facing the dishwasher (with the tee behind you), I would say the drain branch is at roughly 11 o'clock. So there should be minimal obstruction from the baffle.

Inspector is coming on Tuesday…

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ah sure, this might just be the angle of the picture. In essence, the wye cannot point straight up as there is not sufficient vertical clearance for the drain hose to come in. so, looking at the pipe facing the dishwasher (with the tee behind you), I would say the drain branch is at roughly 11 o'clock. So there should be minimal obstruction from the baffle.

Inspector is coming on Tuesday…
Good Luck, just see how it goes no fear. Im thinking the baffle might be issue but wouldnt stress .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks