Guide to take head off of Kenmore Ultrasoft 275?

Users who are viewing this thread

mmarkallm

Reaction score
Is there a guide for taking off the head to get to the resin tank?

I have searched and not found any useful information yet. I have the manual, but it does not say how to take the head off, or maybe I have missed something. I want to take the head off and possibly replace the resin?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
the head is removed by taking off the double clamps, similar to a Victaulic style clamp. These systems are basically use and dispose of when they break. Typically not worth maintaining or repairing. It is the equivalent of a Huffy mountain bike.

mmarkallm

Reaction score
I meant to ask how to take out the resin tube without taking off or dismantling the head, if that is possible. Thanks for the response.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
First, place unit on bypass and relieve the pressure. Pull the bypass towards the valve and remove the clips. Then remove the clamps at the base of the valve. remove valve head and you will see the dist tube.

Reach4

Reaction score
I meant to ask how to take out the resin tube without taking off or dismantling the head, if that is possible. Thanks for the response.
It requires taking the head off of the tank to take out the distributor tube, without getting ridiculous.

If you are working on your magic act, I think your trick would have a very small audience that would appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks