Grundfos SQE

Users who are viewing this thread

Collin E

Reaction score
We have a Grundfos SQE with CU301 installed in our home with a WX202 20 gallon tank. The system is less than a year old. Yesterday I drained the tank and checked the pressure, and it was 0 psi according to my pressure gauge for the tank pre charge. Is this normal?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Not normal. Maybe the pump went wild and put out too much pressure, busting the diaphragm. AFAIK Amtrol has a 7 year warranty.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Those are good tanks and that is not normal. Like LL says the CU301 might have messed up and built extra high pressure witch popped the diaphragm. You can see a SQE do that and peg the gauge in the following video at about 40 seconds in. You need air pressure in the tank of 70% set pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks