Grundfos JQ1 Pump Question

Users who are viewing this thread

grassyhut

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Grundfos JQ1 pump that according to the suppliers needs a new pressure switch (Transducer).
The pump won't start and gives 6 flashes on the red led on the control panel. I have also been told that the switch is no longer available.
Does anyone know of any old stock. Alternatively, can this pump be modified to run continuously and use and external sensor.
I have a reasonable knowledge of electronics so any info such as a circuit diagram or service manual would be much appreciated.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sorry but I cannot find any info on a JQ1. Apparently like all variable speed pumps it was designed to make the most money for the manufacturer, not to last.

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I remember that pump has to be 15 years old. I used it on my cottage before I drilled a well. It was later replaced ** the JQ2&4 but those operated differently.
12-16 years of service, time for a new one anyways.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks