Grundfos Circulator Pump Noise

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Nick B, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Nick B

Nick B New Member

This is my first post, so please be gentle...

A few days ago I noticed a noise at night when the house was quiet, I finally found it today and it is the circulator pump on my boiler.

It sounds like a fast chirping. The noise is intermittent, even when the boiler is running. Pitch and frequency change when I adjust the speed setting on the pump. The pump was installed about 2 1/2 years ago, which means that it's probably just a few months out of warranty of course.

If anyone knows what this noise is, can it just be fixed by doing system adjustments, or should I replace the pump? The heat is working fine, but I've learned that random noises should be dealt with.

It is a Grundfos UPS15-58FC