Grommets for pump wire in cistern, or......?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bryn

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm installing a 1000gal plastic underground cistern and need to know what reliable method is commonly used for running pump and float switch wires into the tank.
Grommets?, drilled hole with silicone sealant?, entry in side or top of tank?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a pro. The pump-down float switch is protection against empty tank, and the pump-up float switch is for filling the tank from a well.

It's going to be top, but I don't know what the best way to implement that. Does the tank maker offer any suggestions?

Attachments

• pump_in_tank.png
    pump_in_tank.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,799

Bryn

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm going to reply to my own newbie question above. What I was getting at was how to physically pass the pump and float switch wires into the plastic underground cistern. As I had to drill holes to install 1inch threaded both sides thru-hulls for the 2 water lines, and likewise a thru-hull for a 2inch vent line, I simply installed another 1inch thru-hull for the wires to pass through, and as its threaded I can thread a 1inch plastic electrical conduit fitting and run above/below ground plastic electrical conduit back to my power supply. Kind of a no brainer ,but when you've never done an installation like this before sometimes things aren't always obvious at first! ;) Hope this helps someone else!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks