Users who are viewing this thread

Samjone

Reaction score
I am performing maintenance on our aging Grohmix thermostat mixers part # 34 493 (we have two) due to wild swings in the water temperature when making small temp adjustments using the handle while showering. I cleaned the removed check valves (non-return valves part #14116) and found that the hot water valve internal spring loaded piston had failed (photo #1). The cold water valve was appeared operational (photo #2). I ordered replacements (part # 1411600M) and noted upon arrival that the new valve design lacked the internal spring loaded piston (photo #3). This puzzled me so I called Grohe and eventually spoke with someone who said that the valve design had changed and recommended that I use the two newer valves in one mixer and the two older valves in the other mixer while I await their sending two new replacement valves. I have performed this action and find that the mixer with two older valve works fine but the mixer with the two new valves continues to have the same issue of wild swings in water temperature with small attempts to adjust the temperature using the handle. This seems like a major valve design change (the removal of the internal spring loaded piston photo #4) and I now wonder if it is even compatible with the older mixer housing that I am attempting to use it in. Has anyone experienced this problem and have a work around? Thanks!

Photo #1 .jpg
photo #2 .jpg
photo #3 _edited-1.jpg
photo #4 .jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
grohetechcare@lixil.com
Our old sales rep co. closed in January 2022
The full, old instructions pages: are gone

The valve needs checks so I'm baffled that 'new' could work.
Call Grohe or email for help.

Last edited:

Samjone

Reaction score
The new valves work but not well in the old housing. The same problem occurs as the water temperature is either way too hot or way too cold with even a minute change in the temp control. It's hard to speak with someone at Grohe who knows what is going on with this design change. All the reps seem to be working from home and use an algorithm to answer questions. I'll try emailing them instead. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks