GrohFlex Universal Rough-in Box Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinnie17

Reaction score
I am installing a new shower utilizing the GrohFlex Universal Rough-in Box (35026000). It will have a shower head and a hand held shower. I also have diverter valves for both for each function.

1. Can I use both the top and bottom outlets from the rough-in box and connect one function (shower and hand held) to each outlet?
  2. Is is OK to use 1/2" pex for this rough-in
  3. How do I mount these diverter valves for these functions - with some strapping on blocks?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will need to look at the instructions sheets for that valve and the parts ordered. There are many ways to set that up.

ong_4611.jpg

One of many ways the box can be used.

You are better off running copper which is a larger interior size than PEX. Some use 3/4" PEX for that reason.

You will need to secure the valve box rough. Either the box directly or strapping onto the pipe. PEX doesn't work for securing, but copper does.

ong_4755.jpg

Chefwong

Reaction score
TL -

Can you shed some 411 on the reasoning/purpose of the WH you have on the H/C feeds ?

I've never had a need to use a WHA to date, until I put a tapmaster at one of our sinks.
Appreciated the WH placement just for my own wikipedia

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TL -

Can you shed some 411 on the reasoning/purpose of the WH you have on the H/C feeds ?

I've never had a need to use a WHA to date, until I put a tapmaster at one of our sinks.
Appreciated the WH placement just for my own wikipedia

Those are pretty much useless on this valve. I had some old hammer arresters in the van, and the customer was talking a lot. I grabbed the hammer arrestors and stuck them on. They don't do anything for this valve. But they didn't hurt anything either.

I do install them for icemakers, washers and dishwashers.
For a commercial bathroom, I installed a fairly large one for the bank of flushometers in the mens room. That was for a church, and I wanted things real quiet.

Chefwong

Reaction score
LOL. So you got confused with the little pigeon following you on the job.

My dad used to that whenever we had work done at home. Just silently watching in the foreground though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks