Grohe Versus American Standard Ceramic Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
Was wondering what the latest verdict is on Grohe Vs. American Standard (AS) faucets. I have AS in all the bathrooms for 28 years without leaks and no replacement of parts.

I did but put in an AS kitchen faucet some years ago. I'm not happy with the finish quality (the Chrome pits and tarnishes), plus it swivels hard.

Is it hard to find parts for a Grohe?

Dan

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When I was looking at faucets, I liked the way the Grohe looked and felt when operating, and bought some. Many of the others just felt insubstantial, or the action didn't have a good "feel". One place I looked was very up on KWC. This is actually the biggest faucet company in the world, if I read it right. They have an extensive line and may have something you'd like as well. At least on the ones I have, they are cast brass or stainless steel (my kitchen faucet is stainless, not a stainless look, stainless steel). Grohe, and other manufacturers have ion deposited finishes that they guarantee for life on some models. The definition of life may differ! though read the warranty. Depends on where you live if parts will be available readily. Many of their fixtures use the same cartridges, but depending on your luck, your choice may not and it may not be in stock. Places like HD and Lowes don't stock them (or at least I haven't seen them there, although I've not really looked). The company has been around for a long time, so I doubt they are going to leave anytime soon, but you never know.

DanMcD

Reaction score
Jim,

Sorry to ask but what is "KWC"?

Do the KWC faucets you bought use a ceramic cartridge?

Dan

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
KWC (I think I got that right) is a very large company in Europe (Switzerland?) that makes faucets. I ended up with Grohe...but you might want to look them over as well.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
grohe

grohe is a far better quality faucet than
American Standard....no real comparison....

Grohe usually is sold in more quality showrooom
type places ---the only draw back to them is they
were difficult to get parts out of them quickly.....

supply houses got tired of handling all the different parts
and some places dropped them because of this issue.

American standard is simply junk--hands down.

ps. fyi ....DELTA is probably better than either one of the above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks