Grohe Thermostatic Valve Cartridge is stuck!!! Advise please.

Users who are viewing this thread

TripTank99

Reaction score
I am trying to replace thermostatic valve cartridge (Grohe part#47662) in my shower. I cannot get the old one out!!! I have tried to loosen with WD-40 using an adjustible wrench and tapping with a hammer. It is but cant get it to turn at all. It just wont budge. Any tips or advice?

DIYorBust

Reaction score
I am trying to replace thermostatic valve cartridge (Grohe part#47662) in my shower. I cannot get the old one out!!! I have tried to loosen with WD-40 using an adjustible wrench and tapping with a hammer. It is but cant get it to turn at all. It just wont budge. Any tips or advice?

Is there a set screw you need to loosen before unscrewing the cartridge?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The parts sheet is attached below. This takes a 22mm wrench.

grohtherm-34123-parts.jpg

Attachments

• 34123sp.pdf
    122 KB · Views: 207
Last edited by a moderator:

Trickysummer

Reaction score
Hi OP - did you manage to get the job done? I’m now trying to do the same & the brass temperature stop is completely ceased on. How did you manage to free your’s if it was the same part jammed? I’ve WD’d it but no luck. Thinking I may have to get a mini cutter on it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks