Grohe Showerhead Reatrictor

Users who are viewing this thread

Lmoney783

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just purchased a new showerhead and wondering if I can remove or if this unit even has a flow restrictor. Model is a Euphoria 260 showerhead (not handheld). Can anyone tell from this picture? Thanks

Attachments

• 30E4E1E6-BA83-45CD-9B2B-2D0997CD0D23.jpeg
    30E4E1E6-BA83-45CD-9B2B-2D0997CD0D23.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 941

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is a flow restricter in there. Sometimes they can be removed if more flow is the desire, or a small hole drilled through it.
What me? Would I ever do that?

Lmoney783

Reaction score
That is a flow restricter in there. Sometimes they can be removed if more flow is the desire, or a small hole drilled through it.
What me? Would I ever do that?
Thanks Terry. I didn’t understand that last sentence. You wouldn’t do it you mean? If you would do it, how would I remove that reatrictor?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Shower heads are restricted as to how much flow they are allowed. I'm not supposed to mess with that.
You might see if the restrictor pops out, or if not and you want more gallons per minute, you can drill a small hole there.
I have sometimes done that with shower heads that squeal when using to change the vibration and sound they make.

grohe-260-parts.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you know what your water pressure is? Are you on a well, or have public water? If it is low, had you considered a pressure booster system? If on a well, had you considered raising the pressure?

While removing restriction generally will increase the volume, it might lower the ultimate delivered pressure. Having a restriction causes the water to speed up through that restriction...removing it too much, means that while you may have more volume, the velocity or force of the jets could decrease. Think of it like having a hose without a nozzle...max volume, but trying to get the stream to go very far often doesn't work...add some restriction (say, put your thumb over the end), and now the spray goes further, while it might reduce the volume.

FWIW, more volume out of the showerhead will generally mean a shorter time in a shower since you'll empty the tank faster.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks