Grohe shower volume valves & levers

Users who are viewing this thread

sharding

Reaction score
(I posted about this on one other board too -- sorry if you see this twice!)

I think we have a problem with the Grohe shower controls we're having installed in our master bathroom. We have Grohe volume control valves with Kensignton volume control trim, using levers. It seems (I'm being told by the installer -- I haven't played with it yet myself) that the weight of the lever is actually enough to cause the position to slowly change on its own. I know the levers are heavy, but that just doesn't seem right to me. Is ours installed wrong (it doesn't seem that complicated), or faulty, or what? This isn't cheap stuff, so I didn't expect to run into this kind of problem....

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valves

They should be ceramic quarter turn valve so they NEVER change positions. If they were rubber washer compression stems then the handle positions would constantly change as the washer wore down.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When the valve is well greased, it has a very smooth velvety action. The handles would have to be quite heavy to allow them to move under gravity. I would hope that Grohe did not produce a handle heavy enough to cause that to happen. Now, make sure that the trim you have is specified for the rough-in valve you've selected. The fact that it fits, may not be a good predictor of success - only use the approved trims with the suggested rough-ins, regardless of fit. All of the Grohe fixtures I have, stay where they are put, but I do not have one like you indicated.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I've had this problem with Jado volume control (quarter turn) and Grohe Eurodisc Pressure balanced shower valve.
Inside the sleeve there is a washer and gasket, if it is slipping call Grohe and tell them to send you out more gaskets and install them in the sleeve that will increase the friction.
This is what we did on our Jado problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks