Grohe shower cartridge replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

701_Fargo

Reaction score
Grohe sent me replacement cartridge. Just parts and no instruction sheets. Watched a few good YouTube videos of same cartridge so that was easy to disassemble. Box also contained two spring loaded items (no idea what they are called). Problem is the old ones didn’t come out in one piece, and videos didn’t cover these. What “tool” do I need to get the remaining parts out for me to reassemble?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

701_Fargo

Reaction score
This photo shows parts still inside. I tried making a hook out of a bent paper clip, but it wasn’t helpful in prying it out

6899FBFE-38C3-4DA0-984D-396ADC6412A7.jpeg

Last edited:

701_Fargo

Reaction score
This photo shows parts still inside. I tried making a hook out of a bent paper clip, but it wasn’t helpful in prying it out

View attachment 81717
Spoke to Grohe this morning. The part is check valves. Grohe said they don’t usually need replacing. So it put the old check valve parts back in and installed the new cartridge. Everything appears to work fine. If I have any issues, I will update this posting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks