Grohe quick coupling - plugged up

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuckaluck

Reaction score
I have a Grohe kitchen faucet in a house with old rusting pipes (remodel soon!)

When I first installed the faucet, it had little pressure. After tearing everything apart, I isolated the problem to the quick coupling. Replacing that, I got pressure. (Theory: I shut off water to install new faucet; turning water back on knocked loose some rust.)

The city recently turned off the water. When it came back on - surprise - our faucet had no pressure. I just replaced the quick coupling again and pressure is now fine.

Is there a way to clean out this coupling? At $30/pop, replacing them each time is not the best solution.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
No way to clean really.
You can buy wye strainers for each stub out.
I recall drilling out a quick coupling in a pinch, but then your faucet will get rust ruining the even more expensive cartridge!!!

Chuckaluck

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I found a YT vid where a guy took apart an older model but, yes, my model does not come apart. Will explore the wye strainer option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks